Flanders Inshape gathers and disseminates knowledge about product and service development and design. Production and service companies, colleges and universities, sectoral federations, employers’ organizations etc. can participate in research projects and/or submit research projects themselves.
Various research projects have resulted in a wealth of knowledge, information, tools and methods aimed at supporting companies in the field of product development and design.
You can find a survey of the current research projects here.
This research has been finalised:
• The optimal use of prototyping in the product design process
• From idea to product concept
• Technology to product
• DNA of innovation dynamics
• Play-it-forward: business game “sustainable innovation”
• Setcomfort: a new system to quantify tactile material properties and communicate about them
• Assist: Functional improvement of mobility solutions for motor disabled people
• Environmental step-by-step plan for sustainable fair events
• Idea to Market: Structure your idea generation
• Creative spaces, a manual
• Usewell: Human Centred Design made accessible
• The application of User Centred Design in a Business-to-Business environment
• Roadmap Human Centred Design
• The added value of design
• Design management and innovation: conversion research for the mechatronics sector